Boarding & Day Camps
Boarding & Day Camps
Camp Director: Mike Anderson
Camp Staff: 2014 staff included our full season Junior Bruins USPHL coaches, current and former NCAA D-1 College hockey players as well as current and former Professional hockey players
*We anticipate a similar staff for 2015
Junior Bruins Spring Skills & Training
Location: NESC, Marlboro MA
Date: April 20th-23rd, 2015
Ages: ‘02’s – 07’s
Our spring skills sessions will focus on improving the fundamentals components of what makes up a great hockey player. Our staff of qualified coaches (including current NCAA and Pro players) will spend time in small groups settings with each player to work on skating stride, edges, puck handling, shooting, passing proficiency and overall hockey competency. Our approach for teaching these skills will be challenging yet fun. Players will be introduced to fresh drills and techniques that will make them better all-around players. Goalie instruction will be provided as well.
- Two on ice sessions daily
- 12 hours of on ice instruction with a player to coach ratio of 4:1 to maximize instruction and feedback
- Written feedback available upon request at weeks end
- All coaches are Junior Bruins staff members or play at the NCAA or Pro level
- All students receive 5% off a future Junior Bruins camp
Bruins-Blades Summer Development Camp
Location: Germain Arena, Estero FL
Date: June 22nd-26th, 2015
Ages: ‘97’s – ‘06’s
Details: Focus on players overall skill development. Heavy emphasis on position specific work for forwards and defenseman. Professional goalie training will be provided at every on ice session. Goal is to take some of the concepts being taught at the highest levels of hockey and teach them to our campers in a way that’ll both increase their knowledge of the game and better their fundamentals giving them a clear advantage on the competition. These concepts will include, 1v1 positional play, foot speed techniques and work on offensive skills such as shots from the point and jumping up in the play for defenseman. Our forwards will work on enhancing their shooting fundamentals, playing ‘away from the puck’, executing odd man rushes, puck protection and scoring more goals! Goalie instruction will be a part of each on ice session and will be taught by professional goalie instructors and former NCAA standout goaltenders.
- Close to 15 hours of on ice instruction
- State of the art facilities in Germain Arena (home to the professional Jr Blades team) and Athletic Republic
- Lunch provided for our campers each day
- Discounted hotel rates provided for players traveling in from out of the area
- Team and multi-player discounts available
- Video analysis of players performance available upon request
- Space at each level will be limited
Register online HERE: Bruins-Blades Development Camp.
Junior Bruins ‘Score More Goals’ Shooting Camp
Location: New England Sports Center, Marlborough
Date: July 6-July 10, 2015
Time: 9:30am – 4:50pm
Camp will focus on fundamental aspects of scoring goals. Taught by some of the best shooters in the junior, college and pro game. We will work with students on every aspect of shooting and scoring goals. Appropriate for both forwards and defenseman. Goalies will be needed!
- Over eight hours of individual on ice instruction from some of the best shooters in the game.
- Video analysis with our coaches of shooting technique and fundamentals at both the beginning and end of the week.
- Position specific work with BOTH forwards and defenseman.
- Daily off ice training session.
- Lunch provided.
Junior Bruins Summer Hockey School
Location: New England Sports Center, Marlboro MA
Date: July 12th – July 17th
Ages: ’00′s – ’08′s
Cost: $1,149 (boarding) $595 (day)
Time: Day campers; daily 8:30am – 5:00pm or 8:00pm
We are entering our 5th year at NESC with the Junior Bruins Hockey School. This is an intense week long training program which gives players the opportunity to learn from some of the very best players in the professional, NCAA Division I college and amateur game. Players train in small groups with other players similar in age. There is a strong emphasis placed on position specific exercises and unique individual skill sessions that are being employed by many of today’s top programs. We balance a rigorous week of on ice training with off ice development taught by current Division I NCAA strength coaches. The week includes an appropriate dose of fun team building and sight seeing exercises in and around the great city of Boston!
- First class accommodations. Campers will be boarding at the Residence Inn located directly across the street from the Sports Center. The Residence Inn is a full service luxury hotel and we’re excited to offer their services to our campers for 2015.
- On ice training with other Elite AAA players in your specific age group.
- Breakfast, lunch and dinner will be provided by the Residence Inn and NESC for all campers, day and overnight.
- A full time NCAA Division I certified strength and conditioning coach will run our off ice program training our players in age specific elite off ice training practices.
- Individual video analysis and live feedback of a players on ice session is available this year upon request.
- Goalie specific 1 on 1 training is provided from our staff of former NCAA Division I goalies and current goalie instructors.
Junior Bruins Boarding Camp – Jay Peak
Location: Jay Peak, Vermont
Date: July 19-July 24, 2015
Cost: $1,295 (overnight), $699 (day student)
Time: Sunday July 19th 2:00pm – Friday July 24th 1:00pm
The Jay Peak Mountain Resort provides us with a unique atmosphere and beautiful setting for which to hold our 3rd annual Vermont camp. Over the course of the week we mix first class on ice hockey skill development and training with great summer camp activities such as hiking, gondola rides, waterpark, paintball and more. It is a rigorous week of action with players receiving close to 25 hours of on ice skill development and position specific training from some of the best players and coaches in todays game. If you want to truly push yourself to be a better player and have a lot of fun doing it, come train with us at Jay Peak!
- Position specific training for forwards, defenseman and goalies
- Close to 25 hours of on ice development
- Five star lodging and meals
- A full time NCAA Division I certified strength and conditioning coach to run our off ice program training our players in age specific elite off ice training practices
- Team building excursions to include but not be limited to; hiking, waterpark, paintball, gondola rides, broomball, curling and more)
- Buffet style meals in the lodge’s full service restaurant
- Use of indoor water-park for team building/recreational activities
- Dedicated locker rooms on site at the rink
- Bus transportation between NESC and Jay Peak available upon request
- Airport transfers between Burlington, VT and Jay Peak may be available upon request
- We are working to secure a streaming online video feed of all our on ice sessions for parents to watch live from home during the week
Special rates are available for any families interested in vacationing at the resort during BJB camp. Packages include golf stay and play, spa, hiking, fishing and more. Please contact Mike Anderson for more information on these options.
Junior Bruins Pre-Season Training Camp
Location: New England Sports Center, Marlboro MA
Date: Monday August 24th – Thursday August 27th
Ages: ’95′s – ’06′s
Time: 9:30am – 4:50pm daily
Our 4 day pre-season training camp will be a high intensity camp focusing on getting players ready to be at their very best for the start of their fall hockey seasons. We will put an emphasis on overall skill development and general on and off ice conditioning. Our goal will be to give each camper the tools they need to go into their own seasons a step ahead of the competition.
- Multiple on ice sessions daily.
- Coaching from current Junior Bruins USPHL players and coaches as well as current NCAA Division I players.
- Forwards will work specifically on shooting techniques, odd man rush attacks, play away from the puck, small area tactics for gaining the time and space necessary to make plays.
- Defenseman will focus on reinforcing their footwork fundamentals, good gap control, reading breakouts, jumping up in the rush, shooting pucks from the point, solidifying your 1 on 1 play.
- Goaltenders will get 1 on 1 instruction from former NCAA Division I goalies and current Junior Bruins coaches.
Here’s what families of 2013 and 2014 Summer Hockey Schoolers had to say about their experience;
- “I wanted to thank you for running a great camp. My son said it was very demanding and he got a lot out of it. He loved being able to interact with the pros and D-1 kids. I hope the boys weren’t too much of a nuisance.”
- “Been meaning to drop you a note since we got back from Vermont. Just wanted to say thank you to you and your staff up at Jay. I have to say it was one of the most organized and professionally run camps I have seen in quite a while. My son had a great time and learned from a great week of hockey both on and off the ice. He is already asking about going back next year.”
- “Thanks Mike and Topher – it was Ethan’s first ever hockey camp and he absolutely loved it. Great program, excellent coaching and perfect location. He’ll be there next year.”
- “SUPER-fun camp, Mike! Thank you so much for having Connor. He has had a ball, and we are grateful for the invitation.”
- “Thanks for a great camp. My son, Liam (2001) attended for the first time and definitely wants to return next year. You guys have a terrific program, and I thank you for inviting him to play.”
- “Thanks Mike, Cameron had a great time and says you should have this camp for 2 weeks, so he could go for both.”
- “Just wanted to say thank you for running a great camp. My son said he had a great time and the hockey was very challenging too!”
- “I wanted to let you know that my son had a fantastic time at the NESC camp a couple of weeks ago. Thank you so much for all your efforts.”
Space will be limited, online link for registration is posted. Multi-player and multi-week discounts are available. Please contact the Junior Bruins directly and speak with coach Mike Anderson at 508-820-1600 x106 or via EMAIL.
CAMPS MUST COMPLY WITH REGULATIONS OF THE MASSACHUSETTS DEPARTMENT OF PUBLIC HEALTH AND BE LICENSED BY THE LOCAL BOARD OF HEALTH.