Camp Director: Mike Anderson
Camp Staff: 2012 staff included Junior Bruins coaches, D-1 college hockey players and we had NHL’ers (Greg Mauldin (U-Mass Amherst/Colorado Avalanche) and Bobby Butler (UNH/Ottawa Senators) work with the players as special guest instructors
*We anticipate a similar staff for 2013
Location: New England Sports Center, Marlborough
Date: July 14-July 18, 2013
Cost: $1,095 NESC
Location: Jay Peak, Vermont
Date: July 21-July 26, 2013
B’s to Expand Summer Boarding Camp 2013; Second Week Added!
This summer the Junior Bruins will host their 3rd annual boarding camp at the New England Sports Center, July 14th-18th (open to birth years 1998-2005). The camp is designed to provide youth hockey players with a unique experience and exposure to great hockey in a competitive and enjoyable environment. With a prestigious alumni list including many current pro and college stars the Bruins coaching staff will combine with an elite group of former players to provide campers an unparalleled week of fun and hockey development.
The 2013 B’s camp at NESC will offer the following enhancements;
- Upgraded accommodations. Campers will be boarding at the Residence Inn located directly across the street from the Sports Center. The Residence Inn is a full service luxury hotel and we’re excited to offer their services to our campers for 2013.
- Transportation. Campers will be able to walk from the hotel to NESC each day eliminating the need for multiple bus/van trips back and forth between properties.
- Meals. Breakfast and dinner will be provided by the Residence Inn while lunch will be served at NESC
- Off-ice. We will be adding the services of full time off-ice instructor with multiple years of experience training high level collegiate and professional ice hockey players. Our off-ice sessions will be aimed at challenging the elite hockey player to improve his conditioning and agility while introducing and/or reinforcing solid fundamentals specific to off-ice training at an elite level.
- Privacy. Increased privacy and personal security. Each room at the Residence Inn has unique key card access. The hotel is under 24/7 video surveillance and the Junior Bruins staff will provide a “lock box” at the beginning of the week for secure storage of any valuable personal items.
The format of the camp will again combine individual skill development and positional play with a tournament style competition over the course of the week culminating with a championship game. While at camp we will also have full access to the multiple athletic fields in the area and facilities for use in off-ice training and team building exercises.
NEW FOR 2013!
JAY PEAK RESORT JAY, VERMONT July 21st-26th (Sunday-Friday)
We are very excited to expand our summer boarding camp offering to Jay Peak Mountain Resort. This will be a 5 day, 5 night camp focused on position specific hockey skill development, elite off-ice training, team building, competitive games and fun activities unique to the resort. The camp is open to birth years 1998-2005.
Jay Peak Overnight Camp Highlights;
- Mountain side condominium lodging for players and coaches
- Dual check-in sites both at the resort and at NESC (note players checking in at NESC will be bused to the resort on Sunday and back to NESC on Friday)
- Position specific on ice training by our coaches and counselors (NHL stars, college stars and alumni as well as current BJB standouts)
- Elite off-ice training sessions run by our professional strength and conditioning coach (age specific training methods will be employed)
- Streaming video of all on ice sessions throughout the week
- Buffet style meals in the lodge’s full service restaurant
- Use of indoor water-park for team building/recreational activities
- Dedicated locker rooms on site at the rink
- Secure lock boxes for each player to keep their valuables
Special rates are available for any families interested in vacationing at the resort during BJB camp. Packages include golf stay and play, spa, hiking, fishing and more. Please contact Mike Anderson for more information on these options.
Junior Bruins Programs Director Chris Masters adds, “We’re excited about our summer camp offerings in 2013. Our boarding camp at NESC has been a huge success and we’re excited to continue that this summer. We believe the addition of the Jay Peak mountain resort offers a truly unique overnight experience for our campers. With state of the art facilities and amenities we will use all the resort has to offer including fun team building and off ice activities to make this week an unbelievable experience for our players. Overall we remain focused on providing our campers with great hockey in an atmosphere that will be both fun and rewarding. Through our alumni, current players and coaches we believe we can offer the best on and off ice camp experience. This year’s enhancements to our camp will provide us with professional athletic fields and facilities including a video room and cafeteria exclusively set aside for our campers. If you’re looking for a fun week of hockey run by current and former pro and college stars our summer boarding camp(s) are for you”.
Space will be limited, online link for registration will be posted soon. In the meantime, please contact the Junior Bruins directly and speak with coach Mike Anderson at 508-820-1600 x106 or via EMAIL.
THIS CAMP MUST COMPLY WITH REGULATIONS OF THE MASSACHUSETTS DEPARTMENT OF PUBLIC HEALTH AND BE LICENSED BY THE LOCAL BOARD OF HEALTH.